Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Days 5-8 CB750 project

 I got the wiring harness to come out in one piece.  Looks pretty simple, right?

 I then took the old bars, cut them, and bent them some to get an idea of what I would like to do.  These aren't long enough, but give me a rough idea of positioning and what I want.


Pulled the drive sprocket off, removed chain, and loosened the engine mounting bolts.  This was pretty simple for a Monday night.  I was thinking the motor would come out pretty simple. 

And then a discovery was made. I don't know if pressure from the engine against the frame did this or if it was already like this.  I wiped this area off to photograph it.  All I know is that as soon as loosened that bracket on the right side the downtube was sheared clean and started open up. (Insert whatever emoticon here that wants to throw heavy objects in the shop!)

**Edit-After talking to a friend this morning, I've learned that this model bike has a removeable frame rail and can be disconnected from under the engine and slide right out.  mic, Appreciate it homey.  I knew this was going to be a learning process, and I'm sure it won't stop here.**


Oh yeah, one last thing, bad backs and pulling CB750 motors by ones self, does not equal a very good morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment