Been trying to remove all the switches from the Vstar bars which is accomplished and got the Biltwell Whiskey Throttle installed. Here's a few shots of how it went down, and where it's at now. It's still not completely finished but it's where I'm at now.
Went from dual to single throttle cables. Still need a longer cable and one that threads correctly to make the right look clean. Also need a little longer brake line and it will be finished. Removed kill switch, relocated starter from right side to below my left leg.
Below: Home made wiring diagram for the headlight. I wanted the option of having high/low beam so I bought a $3 15 amp on/off switch and wired it to stay on low and be able to switch to hi beam if needed.
Below: Testing my wiring for my headlight switch before I ran the wires to their permanent location.
Much more simplified harnesses, heat shrunk and ready for install.
Below: Where I ran the wires to for the starter and headlight switch.
Below: Never did get a final shot of it cleaned up, but this is where they both went.
Below: The right switch and throttle housing was already off and wired prior to this photo but you can still see what it looked like with that big clunky left side switch housing for the headlight, turn signals, horn, and clutch switch. All are gone except the headlight switch.
Oh yeah, and there's Fred in the background. That's my helper. He has a shop shirt with his name on it so everyone can remember his name and know he's special!
Tip, lay the stuff out, label, write it down, and take your time to do it right the first time. Solder and heat shrink that shit so you don't get stuck on the side of the road tracing electrical problems.
Second tip, listen to good music and don't let your wife get kidnapped by Aliens, or do!